How do I show respect for Creation? The earth and all life on it are part of God’s creation. We are called to respect this gift. We are responsible for taking care of the world we live in and for sharing all the wonders and resources the earth gives us.
Our changing environment prompts us to stop and think about how we live on our planet. We are called to respond and to adopt new ways of living as Pope Francis highlights in his encyclical, Laudato Si’: On the Care for our Common Home. It is the world’s poorest communities who are affected by changes to our planet.
In 2019 College leaders have built on the legacy of the 2018 College leaders and have grown the bottle recycling initiative. Every Wednesday a collection of students empty bins and sort through the deposits. These bottles are then dropped off at recycling centre at Fyshwick.
Outside the Cocurricular office in the quad.
Why do we do this?
- Caring for our planet and dispose of our waste to recycle.
- Raising money for our Social Justice causes.
- Learning good habits.
- Keeping our school clean.
- Working as a team emptying bins and bagging bottles.
- Planning in borrowing bins for functions and returning them.
- Leadership through service in setting an example for others to follow.
This is a short list of learnings amongst many more that really makes sense for our boys as they grow in our beautiful world.
Michael Monagle (Assistant Principal – Faith and Mission)