2019 is coming to a close and Christmas school holidays are just around the corner. The boys have all worked hard completing assessment and sitting recent exams. They are getting excited for the weeks that lie ahead, full of excitement and hope. It is a time for them to cease their study, explore their surroundings, celebrate Christmas, spend time with family and of course, relax!
If you have no plans, below are a few ideas to keep the boys busy as there is no shortage of things to do around Canberra.
- Volunteering: For ideas on how young people can make a difference visit: govolunteer.com.au, volunteer.com.au or volunteeringaustralia.org
- Questacon – No matter how many times you visit Questacon, it never loses its appeal. Delivering science and technology in an interactive and fun way.
- National Zoo and Aquarium – Who doesn’t love animals? Simply wander around the enclosures, or if you want to do something extra special that they’ll remember forever, book in a Close Encounter or Zooventure Tour experience where they can get up close and personal with their favourite animal.
- Escape Rooms (Various locations) – This is a great way to put their communication and problem solving skills to work in a fun and exciting race to escape.
- Seg Glide Ride (Parkes) – This is a great idea for the whole family to get outdoors and soak in the atmosphere of beautiful Canberra. Just note, kids must be over 12 years of age.
- iPlay (Belconnen) – Something for every teenager here – from laser tag and bowling, to dodgem cars and arcade machines – it’s sure to keep them entertained for hours!
Whilst this time of the year is something most look forward to, it is important to remember to stay safe. The season can be quiet chaotic and has the potential for a few accidents. Encourage your son to visit family & friends, stay safe & smart and enjoy every moment.
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
Daivd Mead (Head of Clancy House)