As the year 11 and 12 students begin to head into their final few weeks for the semester, it is a good time to highlight some key dates for your consideration.
- 15 November – Last day of classes for Year 11 and 12 students
- 18 November – Examinations commence
- 22 November – Examinations conclude
- 25 November – Last day of submission of outstanding senior assessment
- 29 November – Graduation Mass
- 29 November – Score checking day
- 4 December – Last day for appeals (To be lodged with the BSSS)
- 16 December – ATARS available for collection from the school library from 12:00pm – 3:00pm (Please see note below)
- 18 December – Year 12 Certificates available for collection from the College front office between 9:00am – 3:00 pm (Please see note below)
- 19 December – ATAR results available online through UAC
Any missed examination or assessment will require a medical certificate from a medical doctor in order to avoid a v-grade. Final grades will no longer be published on CANVAS due to privacy issues. All year 11 and 12 students are reminded to create a BSSS login. This login will provide them with access to their academic transcript.
Please be aware that your son needs to sign for his ATAR result and his certificate. In the event that your son cannot collect his ATAR result or certificate, he may give written permission to a parent/carer to collect it on his behalf.
Your son is preparing for his final examinations here at the College and it is important that he is setting up a good study routine with regular studying time scheduled in short blocks. Making notes, posters, diagrams and answering practice questions are some of the best ways for students to go over content and prepare for examinations. Last minute cramming is not a good strategy and often leads to poor results.
Please do not hesitate to contact myself or Mr Argall should you have any questions about the senior program and examinations.
Marianne Geoghegan (Assistant Principal Teaching and Learning)