Vocational Education and Training (VET) at St Edmund’s College refers to courses undertaken as part of school studies.
VET courses enable your son to earn credit towards a recognised VET qualification while they complete the general education curriculum or work towards their senior secondary certificate.
At St Edmund’s, your son can:
- Combine a vocational pathway with his studies.
- Complete (or work towards) a Certificate I, II or III, or sometimes even a certificate IV qualification by continuing his education beyond school.
- Keep his options open to pursue further vocational education (such as courses at a Technical and Further Education institute), or move into higher education (such as undertaking courses at university).
VET qualifications, or the credit towards a qualification, are recognised by industry across Australia under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
We also offer students Australian School-based Apprenticeships (ASBAs) in a variety of different areas.
What are the benefits of an ASBA?
- Valuable experience that provides pathways to future training and employment
- Receiving, on successful completion, a nationally recognised vocational qualification along with the ACT Senior Secondary Certificate
- Providing students with an opportunity to get a great head start in their career.