St Edmund’s College Canberra is a Catholic school in the Edmund Rice tradition, educating boys from Years 4 – 12. It is an inclusive educational community, with a broad offering across academic and co-curricular areas.
It is expected that all members of staff will support and act in harmony with the College’s Catholic values and ethos, contribute towards the growth of the community, and be responsive to the needs of boys in a school environment. Teaching staff are also required to participate in the co-curricular program.
Teachers at St Edmund’s College are expected to:
* create a classroom environment that stimulates learning and promotes each student’s personal best, where students are both challenged and supported
* actively engage students in the teaching and learning process, illustrating that learning is an active and collaborative venture
* use a range of assessment and evaluation techniques
* establish rapport with students and serve as a positive role model
* keep abreast of current development in educational thinking, curricula and teaching practice
St Edmund’s acknowledges and values the unique expertise of our teachers, understanding that they may be particularly well suited to teaching certain year levels or possess the desire and proficiency to teach across a range of faculties. Every effort is made to accommodate the skills, interests and experience of our staff when teaching loads are created. In general, a full-time teaching load consists of 5 classes and 4 duties across a 10-day cycle.
English Teacher (Permanent Position)
Commencing 25 January 2024. Please click here to see the role description for information regarding this position.
For application requirements, please refer to ‘How to apply’ below. In addition to the documents and information requested, please also provide a statement no longer than three A4 pages addressing the selection criteria and personal attributes listed in the role description.
Applications close 9am Monday 4 December.
Casual Relief Teachers (applications are accepted at any time during the year)
Email the form as well as a copy of your current CV, WWVP card and TQI card to email@example.com.
For further information in relation to working as a Casual Relief Teacher at St Edmund’s, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply (Permanent and Temporary Positions)
1. Refer to the role description provided with the job ad for details regarding the position and the date applications must be submitted.
2. Prepare the required documents:
- A cover letter plus a three page statement which outlines your suitability for the role based on the 3 domains of teaching from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (Professional Knowledge, Professional Practice and Professional Engagement).
- Resume, which includes the names and contact details of three referees (one of which must be your current or most previous direct supervisor)
- A completed Application for Employment form
- A completed College Employee Declaration Form
3. Submit the required documents before 5pm on the date the application is due.
110 Canberra Avenue
GRIFFITH ACT 2603
or via email to email@example.com.