SEC Social Justice Model
Our Social Justice Model was created and launched at the end of 2018. This model provides a context for our whole community to focus our Social justice activities on Catholic organizations on a global, national and local level.
Brothers’ Service Program
Students in Years 11 and 12 at St Edmund’s College, Canberra will be logging their Community Service hours in this site as part of the Brothers’ program at the College.
The Brothers’ program encourages students to go above and beyond, and pushes them to use their unique gifts and talents in service for others. Brothers’ provides a framework for students to lead in an area of their choice and to follow the call from Edmund Rice to be at the service of others.
Students receive an award based on the number of hours of community service they do during their senior years at the College.
- A bronze award recognizes 55 hours of community service
- A silver award recognizes 150 hours of community service
- A gold award recognizes 300 hours of community service
- A platinum award recognizes 500 hours of community service
- A blue and white award recognizes 1000 hours of community service
The Blue and White award is presented to members of the College Community who have been outstanding witnesses to the service of others.