St Edmund’s College delivers a Chaplaincy Program which aims to contribute to the spiritual, social and emotional well-being of our students. It also assists the College’s Religious Education and Retreat Programs so the College can live out its calling to advance the Catholic Identity and faith formation of staff and students, in the Edmund Rice Tradition.
Chaplaincy services are provided by a Catholic Priest/s provided by Ministry of God’s Love. St Edmund’s College currently has two Chaplains: Fr Dan Benedetti and Fr Rem. They deliver and participate in a range of College functions, events and programs, including:
- College Masses and Liturgies;
- College Camps and Retreats;
- College Missions to Indigenous Community Colleges (Northern Territory);
- Social Justice Programs;
- College activities, celebrations, ceremonies and events; and,
- The Youth Ministry Program provided by the College.
The Chaplain also supports the work of the College Youth Minister/s.
This program is possible largely to the support provided by the National School Chaplaincy Program which is delivered via the ACT Education Directorate.