With a history spanning over 60 years, the Old Boys & Friends Association would like to encourage all Old Boys & Friends of St Edmund’s College to remain involved in the College community, attend College activities and stay in touch or locate lost friends.
- Facilitate an ongoing relationship within the greater college community, and establish and maintain a sense of belonging and inclusiveness to St Edmund’s College Canberra
- Encourage social interaction between its members and the college community, inclusive of the facilitation of College reunions
- Provide or assist in the provision of facilities for academic, sporting and cultural awareness within the College
- To preserve, promote and strengthen the ideals, traditions, and history of the College
- To raise the level of pride in being an Eddies Old Boy
- Raise the level of pride and awareness amongst current students that former students and friends are involved in the school community
Key Events 2021
Heritage Round / Reunion Day – Saturday 24 July 2021 at the College. This event coincides with the Eddies v Marist rugby matches and is an opportunity to reflect on the heritage of the College, as well as a day that old boys are encouraged to attend and reunite. The day will commence with a Mass at 10am in the College Chapel and will be celebrated by old boy Bishop Pat Power. This will be followed by a morning tea at 11am and a tour of the College and an opportunity to watch the rugby. Click here to register your interest in attending.
Blue & White Ball – Friday 22 October 2021, Hellenic Club, Woden, This is a celebration of the Eddies community. At this year’s event Canberra band Big Boss Groove led by old boy Kieran Sloan will be playing. Old boy Troy Gray (Class of 1990) is the keynote speaker. Following a career as a professional athlete (played AFL for Sydney and St Kilda) Troy Gray has been firmly entrenched in the television industry since 2001. Troy has created, produced and presented multiple TV shows across a number of formats – both in Australia and internationally. Troy has also been an integral part of the founding team for several global projects. These large-scale ventures have seen Troy work alongside some of the biggest names in television, in addition to luminaries from the international sporting, music and philanthropic landscape. Book your tickets through the College website sec.act.edu.au/blue-white-ball-2021
Golf Day – Friday 3 December 2021, at the Queanbeyan Golf Club. This is a 9-hole four-person Ambrose event commencing with a lunch from 2pm and a 3pm tee-off, followed by a presentation of prizes in the clubhouse from 5pm. No golfing experience required, just a willingness to have fun. Further information and ticketing to follow soon.