The continuing legacy of St Edmund’s is rich in the Canberra community, and we give thanks for the sense of belonging that our community provides for so many ‘Old Boy’s and Friends.’ By participating in the Association’s events, it provides a valuable link with the College for students beyond their years of schooling.
Last Tuesday, Year 12 students had a breakfast to begin their last week of classes. Students were presented with a cap from Mr Matt De Jong President of the Old Boy’s and Friends Association, and he shared a short reflection with the boys of the benefits of the Association. These include the following:
Old Boys & Friends Association Objectives
- Facilitate an ongoing relationship within the greater college community, and establish and maintain a sense of belonging and inclusiveness to St Edmund’s College Canberra
- Encourage social interaction between its members and the college community, inclusive of the facilitation of college reunions
- Preserve, promote, and strengthen the ideals, traditions, and history of the College
- Raise the level of pride in being an Eddies Old Boy
- Raise the level of pride and awareness amongst current students that former students and friends are involved in the school community
Membership with the Old Boys & Friends Association is open to anyone associated with the College. This includes former students, families of former and/or current students, as well as past and present College staff. Click here to find out more about membership options and to become a member.
More information is available through College Website. https://sec.act.edu.au/old-boys-friends/
We wish Year 12 the best for their exams and upcoming Graduation from St Edmund’s. We keep these students in our prayers, Christus Lux Mea!